Saturday, September 3, 2011

Book Review: The Parrot Tico Tango


A few months ago I announced I was going barefoot. Remember? Well, I've gotten a spark and decided to get going on this home business adventure. Butterfly Book Nook is totally in the works now. Here is my first book review!

I ordered our first stock of Barefoot Books right before our house went into major reconstruction so unfortunately, there are many still tucked away in boxes that we haven’t had a chance to glance at. I did, however, grab a few board books to take with us during our exile this summer (I love them all BTW and will do more reviews soon). Today I decided to grab one we haven’t read, The Parrot Tico Tango, to read outside.



I knew I would love this book, I could tell by its cover, (I know, you are not supposed to judge a book…) but the Parrot Tico Tango has colorful, hand painted artwork. It is so vivid. A beautiful inspiration for the rainforest theme I want to do in the kid’s room. I also have a soft spot for Costa Rica, which was the location inspiration for this book. Some day I hope to move our family there for at least a couple years.  In the story, Tico Tango sees his friends who are each about to enjoy a fresh piece of fruit and wants it! It is a great lesson on greed, emotions and sharing. Each verse introduces the color of the fruit along with several adjectives in a couplet rhyme scheme, which is one of my favorites. The book also has a building repetition of each verse, also excellent for little ones.  In the end, Tico Tango learns his lesson and learns that sharing is the way to go.

Check out my Barefoot Books Marketplace and see for yourself. Oh, and The Parrot of Tico Tango is on sale right now!

Have fun browsing and let me know if you have any questions, 

Happy Reading,


No comments:

Post a Comment